This splendidly indulgent pudding provides the ultimate comfort food with a gentle twist.
220g Digestive biscuits
100g Unsalted butter, melted
600g Full fat cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
5 tbspn Belvoir Raspberry & Lemon cordial
3 Medium free range eggs
100g Fresh Raspberries (+ handful to decorate)
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Grease & base line a 20cm round spring form cake tin with baking paper. Place the biscuits in a food processer and pulse until you get fine breadcrumbs, or you can crush the biscuits in a plastic bag using a rolling pin.
2. Tip the crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix together with a spoon then pour into the prepared tin and press into the base using the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to cool and set.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C / Gas 3.
4. To make the topping slowly melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
5. Using a hand held whisk or freestanding mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth then add the cordial and beat again, add the melted white chocolate and mix until smooth and well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly, then fold in the raspberries. Pour the mixture into the tin.
7. Place the tin onto a large sheet of tin foil and place it in a roasting tin, fold the foil up around the tin then pour water into the roasting tin until it reaches halfway up the tin creating a bain marie, this should help prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
8. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the cheesecake is a slight golden brown colour around the edge and still a bit wobbly in the centre.
9. Remove from the oven and leave to cool at room temperature, then place in the fridge to chill overnight if possible.
10. To serve place a handful of raspberries on the top and dust with icing sugar.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: