The original Elderflower Cordial, made with masses of freshly picked elderflowers, lemon juice and spring water.
Made to Mary Manners’ family recipe, from an infusion of freshly picked elderflowers and lots of fresh lemon juice, this has a delicate taste and makes a wonderfully refreshing drink when mixed with still or sparkling mineral water.
Belvoir Elderflower Cordial makes sensational spritzers with white wine and sparkling water, or add a dash to enliven a gin or vodka and tonic. Use it to rev up a gooseberry fool, as a great base for a fresh fruit salad or to make a stunning sorbet – it can enhance a whole host of desserts.
You can even drink it hot as a healthy toddy: elderflower has been known to have beneficial properties in the treatment of colds and flu since Roman times.
Where to buy?
What people say
‘I normally never do this, but having been an avid fan for the last two years, I thought I should let you know how much I love your cordials, especially the elderflower one. I drink several glasses every single day and while you may think I would grow tired of it, I don’t. It brings moments of sheer pleasure that I look forward to and have been for the last two years since discovering your cordials. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for bringing me such daily bliss and keep doing what you are doing!’
In the dreary, dull, damp days of January I just drank a glass of summer sunshine. It is the promise and hope of a warm, sunny fragrant June to come from the June you captured for me in a bottle. THANK YOU!
From a much happier and more hopeful MaryAnn
Mary Ann McVean
Absolutely love the elderflower cordial I mix it with sparkling water for an extra treat. When you’ve got this who needs wine!!
‘We love Belvoir Fruit Farms’ new thirst-quenching pressés and cordial, and we love the shapes of the bottles they come in – but what we love even more is that a splash of Elderflower Cordial is a perfect partner to … Champagne!’
Essentials, May 2009
“Delightfully quaint with an old-fashioned label, Belvoir has a very attractive bottle. Hand-picked elderflowers are mixed with lemon juice and spring water to produce this refreshing drink which tastes good with a spritzer or a G&T. It’s not too sweet, but mildly zingy and is beautifully scented.”
ES Magazine, May 2007
“If you want a taste of summer in a bottle, this blend of delicately scented elderflowers, sweet pressed pear juice and sparkling spring water comes pretty close.”
Love Food Love Drink, May 2009
“This one tastes more homemade than most – it’s got a flavour that wine-tasters might refer to as ‘river rock’ running through all that fragrant white blossom.”
Daily Mail, November 2009
“There’s no better time to crack open your poshest tipples than at Christmas, and the gorgeous, grown-up cordial will go down a storm!”
Cook Vegetarian, December 2009
Belvoir fruit farms Elderflower cordial “This tastes flowery and refreshing and not too sweet”
Closer, 4 June 2011
“Belvoir fruit farms Elderflower cordial … this one is quite different, complex, herbal and intense with pungent lemon flavours. It’s also more savoury than sweetly floral”
Saturday Express Magazine, June 2012.
“Belvoir fruit farms Elderflower Cordial: A big flavourful drink – sweet but rounded, with a pale yellow hue. One taster was reminded of pine forests, another of the scent of spring.”
Delicious, June 2011
Recipes and cocktails
- Gin, Tonic & Elderflower Drizzle Cake
- Crunchy Elderflower Curd Rings
- Elderflower Buttermilk Scones by Englishmum.com
- Elderflower Marshmallows by Englishmum.com
- Ginger, and Elderflower Cheesecake by Englishmum.com
- Madeleine Hot Air Balloons by Lisa Faulkner
- Elderflower, Lemon & Poppy Seed Layered Cake by Lisa Faulkner
- Elderflower Bakewell Mug Cakes by Lisa Faulkner
- Honey Cake with Elderflower Icing by Bake Off runner-up, Ian Cumming
- Elderflower & Strawberry Panna Cotta by Bake Off runner-up, Ian Cumming
- Elderflower scented Custard Tart
- Fiona Cairns’ Elderflower, Orange & Passion Fruit Layer Cake
- Fiona Cairns’ Mini Elderflower and lemon loaf cakes [gluten free]
- Frances Quinn’s Elderflower Eton Mess
- Sophie Conran’s Elderflower Fairy Cakes
- Sophie Conran’s Elderflower Fairy Wand Biscuits
- Elder-scented Fruit Jelly
- Chocolate Roulade with Elderflower & Strawberries
- Elderflower and Raspberry Baked Apples
- Elderflower & Lemon Ice-cream in an Elderflower Ice Bowl
- Elderflower Syllabub with Shortbread by Sophie Conran
- Make some lollies with the kids
- Tingling elderflower sorbet
- Elderflower and Raspberry Summer Trifle by Valentine Warner
- Gooseberry & Elderflower Fool
- Elderflower Cream Tartlets by Valentine Warner
- Elderflower & Gooseberry Jelly by Valentine Warner
- Elderflower and lemon drizzle cake
- Elderflower & Lime Cheesecake
- Roasted Pears with Elderflower
Nutritional Info & Ingredients
Typical values per 100ml diluted 1 to 10 Energy kJ / kcal 73/ 17 Fat 0g of which saturates 0g Carbohydrate 4.3g of which sugars 4.2g Protein 0g Salt 0g
Sugar, Water, Fresh Elderflowers 8%, real pressed Lemon Juice, Citric Acid.