Serves 4 Prep time 77 hrs Bake time 0
- 500 g middle cut salmon fillet
- 1 beetroot
- 80 g caster sugar
- 80 g salt
- 25 ml Belvoir Elderflower & Rose Cordial
- 1/2 cucumber
- 30 ml spirit vinegar
- 60 g caster sugar
- 60 g water
- Grate the beetroot on a box grater and mix with sugar, salt, and Elderflower & Rose Cordial.
- Rub the beetroot mixture all around the salmon, place on a tray, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 72 hours.
- After 72 hours, rinse the salmon in cold water quickly and dry with a kitchen towel, the salmon is now ready to use.
- Slice the cucumber thinly and sprinkle a bit of salt on top of the of it.
- Mix the sugar and vinegar to dissolve and add the water.
- Add the cucumber to the pickling liquor, leave the cucumber in the pickling liquor for at least 4 hours before it’s ready to use.
- To assemble the dish, slice the salmon thinly at an angle, place 4 slices on each plate and serve with the pickled cucumber and sorrel.