Spring is in the air and, as is seasonally traditional, lamb is on our plates! Why not dress yours up with this deliciously fruity marinade; great for barbeques and roasts, teamed with red wine.
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Belvoir Blueberry & Blackcurrant Cordial
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the lamb in a large Zip Lock bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag. This makes it easier to keep it in the fridge and the lamb is better covered by the marinade than leaving it sitting in a bowl.
If barbecuing, pour some of the marinade over the meat as it is cooking.
If roasting, do the same but, after cooking and removing the lamb, make a sauce by pouring some stock and red wine into the roasting tray. Reduce this down and add some crème fraiche. Season to taste.