It’s that time of year when comfort food truly comes into its own and there’s nothing better than a good, old-fashioned, traditional pudding. This blueberry, blackcurrant and apple cobbler ticks all the boxes – it won’t be long before it becomes a firm family favourite.
- 125g blackcurrants (fresh/ frozen)
- 125g blueberries (fresh)
- 450g Cox apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 75g caster sugar
- 125ml Belvoir Blueberry, Blackcurrant & Cox Apple Cordial
- 11/2 tsp cornflour
For the cobbler mix:
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 60g unsalted butter
- 65ml milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the blueberries, blackcurrants, apples, caster sugar and cordial in a pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the fruit. Stir until slightly thickened. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add the sugar and salt. Melt the butter and add to the flour along with the milk. Do not over-work.
- Using a dessert spoon (or floured hands), place spoonfuls of the scone mix around the edge of the dish. Place in a the oven and cook for 30mins until the scone mix on top is golden brown and the fruit underneath is bubbling.
- Serve hot with lashings of hot custard.