The lavender shortbread is to die for. You would be a fool not to try this!
Serves 4 Prep time Bake time
- 200g blackcurrants
- 100ml Belvoir Blueberry & Blackcurrant Cordial
- 20g lavender sugar
- 150g custard sauce
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 100g whipped double cream
For the shortbread:
- 110g butter (room temperature)
- 50g lavender sugar
- 175g plain flour
- First, make the shortbread. Cream together the butter and sugar and stir in the flour. Mix to a dough and roll out to approx 1/2cm thick.
- Cut out the shortbread rounds using a 6cm fluted cutter and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for approx 15 mins until pale golden in colour.
- To make the fool: put the blackcurrants, cordial and lavender sugar into a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes. Leave the compote to cool.
- Mix the custard and Greek yoghurt together. Fold in the whipped cream. Add 2 tbsp of the cooking liqueur from the blackcurrants.
- To stack the dessert: layer the components together, starting with a shortbread biscuit, followed by a tablespoon of fool and a spoonful of blackcurrant compote, then and again a shortbread biscuit, a spoonful of fool and finish with a shortbread biscuit. Dust with icing sugar, drizzle with a little of the sauce from the compote and garnish with mint.