Serves 6 Prep time 24 hrs Bake time 1hr
- 600 g middle cut beef fillet
- 80 ml Belvoir Blueberry & Blackcurrant Cordial
- 5 g chopped thyme
- 300 g celeriac
- 80 g mayonnaise
- 40 g grain mustard
- 15 g chopped flat parsley
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and seal in a hot frying pan.
- Place the beef in a plastic bag or a vacuum bag together with the thyme and the cordial.
- Leave in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
- Heat the oven to 175 Degrees Celsius, cook the beef in the oven for about 12 minutes, then wrap in tin foil and rest it for 40 minutes, the beef is ready to serve and enjoy.
- Slice the celeriac into thin strips 1 mm. You can use a mandolin for this if you have one.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the celeriac and leave for 10 minutes, the salt will draw the water out of the celeriac so we squeeze the celeriac in a kitchen towel.
- Place the celeriac in a mixing bowl and mix with the mayonnaise, mustard and parsley.
Assemble the Dish:
- Slice the beef into 1 cm thick slices.
- Place the celeriac slaw on a plate, place the beef on top and drizzle the roasting juices on top of the beef.
- Garnish with water cress.
For a Vegetarian alternative, replace the beef with 4 flat mushrooms; same cooking methods same garnish, same timings. Same everything!