This is such a great dessert recipe that we felt it was worth reminding you how wonderful it is. It’s so easy to make and is sure to impress!
Serves 0 Prep time Bake time
- 225g large pack digestive biscuits
- 100g/4oz unsalted butter
- 50g/2oz sugar
- 400g full-fat cream cheese (each tube has 200g)
- 150ml double cream
- Icing sugar, to taste
- 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Belvoir Elderflower Cordial
- Lime zest to decorate
- Place the digestive biscuits in a large plastic bag. Hold one end of the bag and using a rolling pin, crush until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Reserve a couple of spoonful’s of biscuit crumbs to decorate.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the crushed biscuits and sugar until they are fully combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture firmly into a 20cm/8″ round tin with a lift up base and place in the fridge to set.
- Wash the lemon and grate the skin using a fine grater or use a lemon zester.
- Place this zest together with the cream cheese, icing sugar and lime juice in a food processor and mix well.
- Then slowly add the cream and elderflower cordial until it is a smooth thick paste.
- Spread this mixture on the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight if liked.
- Place the cheesecake on top of a tall glass and firmly press down on the sides of the tin which will slide down the cheesecake. Slip off the base onto the plate. Decorate with the reserved crumbs and lime zest.