Muffins with a bit of zing and a bit of sweet – yum!
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (fine grain)
- 90g sugar
- 225ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 110g butter
- Zest of 2 limes
- 8 tbsp Belvoir Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder, salt and lime zest.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and allow to cool.
- Put the eggs, milk, cordial, melted butter and sugar in a bowl and mix together.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the liquid and fold in but do not over-stir, as this will stop the muffins rising well.
- Grease your muffin tins well and then fill up the muffin holes with the rest of the muffin mixture.
- Bake in an oven for about 20 minutes at Gas 6, 400°F or 200°C until well risen and brown.
Garnish: Mix icing sugar with Lime & Lemongrass cordial until a thick icing is achieved which slowly drops from a spoon, once the muffins are iced, grate lime zest over and top with pieces of dried coconut, devour!