Indulge yourself with some top-notch comfort food to ward off any pesky winter blues!
Serves 6 Prep time 15 minutes Bake time 50 minutes
For the crust:
- 250g Digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g Unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 8 medium Egg yolks
- 2x 397g tins Condensed Milk
- 200ml Lime & Lemongrass Cordial
- 450ml Whipping cream
- Grated Lime zest to decorate.
- X6 small fluted, loose bottomed pie tins OR 1 large fluted, loose bottomed pie tin, greased
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/Gas 3.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a blender or food processor and blitz until fine crumbs or crush in a plastic bag using a rolling pin.
- Tip the biscuit crumbs into a bowl add the melted butter and mix together, place this in the prepared tin and press into the tin ensuring there is an even layer across the bottom and sides.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown and firm. Set aside to cool.
- Turn the oven down to 150°C/130°C fan/Gas 2.
- Place the egg yolks, condensed milk and lime & lemongrass cordial in a glass bowl and gently mix using a balloon whisk. The mixture will become thick.
- Pour equal amounts into the cold pie cases then bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the filling is firm to the touch and soft in the centre, but not wobbly.
- Leave to cool completely, then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight if possible.
- To serve whip the cream to soft peaks and spread over the top of the pies, finish with a sprinkle of grated lime zest.