An excellent main course for any dinner party at Christmas time, this recipe aims to be quick and easy with the minimal amount of fuss.
Serves 0 Prep time Bake time
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 50ml Belvoir Mulled Winter Cordial
- 50g ready-soaked prunes
- 50g ready-soaked figs
- 50g ready-soaked apricots
- 1 glass white wine
- Juice of 1 orange
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1tbs fresh thyme
To accompany the pork:
- 1/2 a red cabbage, shredded
- 100ml Belvoir Mulled Winter Cordial
- 100ml water
- Brown the steaks over a medium heat for a couple of minutes each side to seal them. Remove from the pan and place on a plate whilst you cook the rest of the ingredients.
- Sweat off the onion in a little butter add the ginger followed by the white wine and Mulled Winter Cordial. Simmer for 5 minutes add then add the remaining ingredients and return the pork steaks to the pan.
- Cook for a further 10-15 minutes over a low heat, turning the steaks occasionally, until the meat is cooked.
- Cook the shredded red cabbage Mulled Winter Cordial over a very low heat for approx 1/2 hours to give a perfect winter veg to accompany this dish.