Few things taste more refreshing than a beautifully balanced sorbet – it’s the perfect, light way to finish a rich meal. Our latest recipe couldn’t be easier to make and has the added benefit that once safely stored in the deep freeze, it’s ready to serve at any time of the year.
- 200g Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 500ml Water
- 250ml Elderflower Cordial
- Place the sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Take off the heat and stir in the cordial.
- Place in a large bowl and chill in the fridge for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions OR pour into a freezer container and place in the freezer, stirring every hour until frozen. This should take about 6 hours.
- Remove from the freezer a few minutes before serving to soften.